Administration and Member Services Director; Foreign Trade Zone #93 Administrator
Fax: 919-549-9390 (confidential fax: 919-485-8168)
Master of Public Administration, North Carolina State University.
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Alumna of the Leadership Triangle program, 1998.
Graduate of the UNC-CH School of Government’s Municipal and County Administration program, 2005.
Graduate of the UNC-CH School of Government’s Public Executive Leadership Academy, 2008.
Joined Triangle J in August 1996 as Member Services Director. Promoted to Assistant to Executive Director in 2009 and to Administration and Member Services Director in 2016.
- Member, NC-IPMA (International Public Management Association for Human Resources); Received IPMA-SCP (Senior Certified Professional) in 2016.
- Member, National Association of Foreign Trade Zones; Received Accredited Zone Specialist (AZS) certification in 2015; Serves on Grantee Committee.
- Member, North Carolina City and County Management Association.
- Past President, Alumni Association of the Municipal and County Administration Program.
- Serve as human resources director for the organization.
- Serve as grantee administrator of Foreign Trade Zone #93.
- Coordinate drug and alcohol testing program to assist local governments meet federal DOT testing requirements and assists local governments with testing programs not covered by DOT regulations.
- Assist the executive director in developing programs and projects that provide services to member governments.
- Work with local governments and committees to establish and address needs.
- Provide staff support to the Board of Delegates and Executive Committee.
- Work with non-member governments to encourage membership in Triangle J.
- Updating TJCOG Personnel Policy, as well as other internal policies.
- Conducts workshops to introduce the US Foreign-Trade Zone Program to business and economic development communities.
- Works with local companies to develop foreign-trade zone sites.
- Coordinated 2016 delegate orientation session and produced the orientation handbook.
- Coordinates drug and alcohol testing program for 15 local governments, transit agencies, and universities.
- Led staff design team for web site development; liaison with web design consultant.