Area Agency on Aging Director
Fax: 919-549-9390 (confidential fax: 919-998-8101)
Bachelor’s Degree, Duke University.
Master of Arts, North Carolina Central University.
Returned to the Triangle J staff in October 2003, after a hiatus of thirteen years while serving as executive director of the Council for Senior Citizens in Durham. Previous experience at Triangle J includes 10 years as aging program assistant and aging planner. Has a total of forty years experience working in the disablity and aging fields.
Responsible for professional and managerial work in planning, developing, administering, coordinating, and implementing the region’s programs for older adults, individuals with disabilities and their caregivers.
- Hires, manages and supervises staff.
- Develops and plans activities for the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) that are comprehensive and coordinated at the county and regional level and assists community planning groups.
- Monitors funds and quality assurance of local service providers.
- Disseminates information that enables individuals and communities to become aware of aging issues, services and programs.
- Works to improve and expand resources and services for older adults and others with disabilities.
- Advocates on behalf of older adult issues.
- Family Caregiver Support Program
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Program
- Community Resource Connection Program