Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Full cost paid for permanent, full-time employees and a significant portion of dependent coverage.
- Two times the employee’s annual salary to a maximum of $250,000.
- NC Local Government Employees’ Retirement System
- Employee contributes 6% of your annual salary on a tax-deferred basis. TJCOG contributes a percentage of employees’ annual salary.
- 401K Supplemental Retirement Plan
- TJCOG contributes 5% of employees’ annual salary.
Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Allows employee to pay for eligible child/dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Reimbursement of eligible expenses up to a total of five hundred dollars ($500) per fiscal year.
New Year's Day Labor Day
Martin Luther King's Birthday Veterans Day
Good Friday Thanksgiving Thursday & Friday
Memorial Day Christmas (two to three days)
Vacation Leave Accrual
Years of Service Days Accrued Per Year
0 – 2 10
2 – 4 12
5 – 9 15
10 – 14 18
15 – 19 21
- Accrued at a rate of one day per month of service or twelve days per year.
Best Workplaces for Commuters
- Transit subsidy available
- Options for teleworking and flexible work-week scheduling
- Electric vehicle charging station onsite
- Secure, weather protected bike parking
- Onsite showers